Hearing Wellness & Preventative Care
When your hearing health starts to decline, you may not seek help right away. You can be reluctant and embarrassed, or it could be that you don’t even know where to start. Colman’s Hearing Solutions can help!
Hearing loss can strike at any time and at any age, even in children. For the younger adults and young children, even a mild or moderate amount of hearing loss could result in difficulty in learning and developing speech later on in life. Hearing loss can also lead to dangerous mental and social consequences. A neglected or a non-identified hearing loss is more likely to cause depression, anxiety and paranoia. Research has shown that there is a direct link to hearing loss and cognitive decline along with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Those with untreated hearing loss are less likely to be proactive in social activities.
Our ongoing hearing wellness program and preventative hearing care methods can help slow down hearing loss and enable you to maintain your ability to understand speech
Preventative Hearing Care
Prevention of hearing loss is critical, so make sure your children, friends and family are aware of the hazards of noise and how they can protect themselves.
- Be aware of hazardous noises in your everyday life.
- Check with your employer to make sure that your job site has an effective program to adequately protect your hearing.
- Wear hearing protection, like earplugs or earmuffs. Foam earplugs are available at your pharmacy. Earmuffs can be purchased at sporting goods or safety equipment stores.
- Limit exposure to noisy activities at home, such as listening to personal listening devices (Smart phones, MP3 players and iPods).
- Be conscientious of your hearing and schedule routine testing with a hearing health professional.
For more information about our hearing wellness program and preventative hearing care methods, contact our office today at 561-585-5499.